PI (Physik Instrumente) LP in Hopkinton MA has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager take the lead on Quality Assurance in our Manufacturing and Engineering department based in Hopkinton MA. This is a full time role, Monday-Friday. As our company continues to grow, we find that Quality needs a dedicated individual to oversee our Quality Management System and drive improvement in our manufacturing operation. This role will report to the VP of Engineering and Manufacturing with a dotted line to the company President in the US and the Corporate Director of Quality in Germany.
The Quality Manager you will take over our existing quality program, evaluate and implement improvements. This is a functional leadership role but you will be an individual contributor (not manage others). This opening is for an experienced manufacturing professional with a minimum of five (5) years experience in a quality leadership position (Quality Manager or Director)
- Function as Management Representative for the QMS (ISO-9001:2015) and maintain compliance
- Overseeing product quality in our manufacturing operation by identifying root causes
- Collating and posting KPI's for the manufacturing operation and product quality metrics
- Conducting audits of manufacturing processes and facilities to assure compliance
- Managing non-conformities including monitoring completion of actions and validating effectiveness
- Lead lean manufacturing initiatives
- Manage and improve supplier quality
- Interface directly with customers on high visibility quality initiatives
- Managing our tool calibration and equipment maintenance programs
- Exhibit leadership in driving continuous improvement and maintaining 5S principles
- Ability to comfortably use standard office applications (Word, Excel, Email)
Quality Manager Candidates should have experience with:
- Conducting internal and supplier audits
- Successfully leading an ISO 9001:2015 certification or re-certification process
- Experience in a manufacturing engineering role for complex electro-mechanical products
- Demonstrated knowledge of root cause analysis techniques and corrective action
- Experience with electrical wiring methods including crimping, wire routing and soldering to IPC standards
- Training and experience in Lean/Six Sigma tools preferably with certification
- Prior experience in a "copy exact" manufacturing framework
- Experience in counterfeit material prevention programs (SAE AS5553 and AS6174)
Additional Requirements for Quality Manager Include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Quality Manager or Director of Quality
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
Any offer of employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report (if applicable to the position).
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan
- An integrated Health Savings Account or HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Limited purpose Medical Flexible Spending or FSA
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending or FSA
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
The following are the traits we want all candidates to bring to our company. You can expect to find this throughout our workforce.
- Curious and lifelong learner who brings new ideas to the organization
- Honest, trustworthy, and empathetic with colleagues
- independently motivated, possessing a strong work ethic and desiring continuous growth
- Ability to work in a highly functioning, independent workplace that values strong initiative, risk taking, and creative problem solving.
If these things describe you, please make sure we know about it during the selection process. We do read cover letters so feel free to include a short description in your application or reach out separately.
- PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Human Resources and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
- Notice to Employment Agencies: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal Human Resources team. Your respect for this process is appreciated. PI does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and any resumes received will be ineligible for referral fees. This is a direct hire. No agencies at this time, please no solicitations.