Nexline«: Revolutionary, Ultra-high Resolution, High-Force Hybrid Linear Drive / Actuator
|Nexline« OEM drive
||Linear Actuator with Nexline« drive
Nexline« is a revolutionary linear actuator. It is equipped with an all-new ceramic drive system that combines sub-nm resolution, high-forces and long travel ranges.
- Novel Ceramic Linear Motor
- Vacuum and Clean-Room Compatible
- Zero Drift & Power Consumption in Position-Hold Mode with Unlimited Lifetime
- Hybrid Drive: Analog and Step Mode
- Unlimited Travel Range
- Resolution to 50 picometers
- Velocity to 1 mm/sec
- High Pushing and Holding Forces (to 600 N)
- High Power-Off Holding Force
- High Stiffness
- Custom Specifications and Dimensions Available
- 6 DOF Hexapod Alignment Systems Feasible
Two operating modes
Nexline« provides two operating modes: in long-range step mode, motion consists of user-defined (or auto-ranging) steps with widths from less than 20 nm to 2 Ám in size;
in fine-adjustment, analog mode the clamps are on and expansion/contraction motion with subnanometer resolution over a travel range of 2 Ám is used alone.
In analog mode resolutions to 0.05 nm are achieved. The fast response is typically <10 msec, enabling dynamic operation, such as continuous dithering or active vibration cancellation.
Applications: Nexline« is ideal for ultra-precise positioning applications in astronomy, optics, semiconductor equipment, high-energy physics, etc.
For more information on Nexline«, talk to your PI sales engineer.
Find your nearest PI office